Tuesday, February 3, 2009

WAKE UP!!!!!

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!”
-Anne Frank (1929-1945)

I hope I don't seem redundant with creating this post, but it's become SO obvious to me lately that so few of us really understand and realize our true potential and self worth. Why do so many people doubt who they are? How much they're worth? What huge things they can accomplish or overcome? I feel like standing on top of the highest mountain with a perfect microphone and screaming for the world to wake up!!!! It doesn't matter what difficulties we've been through in our lives, what bad things other people have done to us, or what obstacles seem to be blocking your vision....YOU ARE THE MASTER OF YOUR OWN MIND, HEART, AND DECISIONS!!!! The sooner we all realize that the sooner we'll be able to take control of where our lives go!

Of course, nobody here on earth is perfect and I certainly don't have all the answers, but we need to stop picking our ourselves apart and wondering why we're not perfect and JUST LIVE! Life is too short and precious to allow negative people to bring you down or to let anything taint our self esteems or visions for our future.

There is no real soft or gentle way for me to end this post...I guess the "Jersey" part of my personality has come through. I will close this post with a plea to all who read this.... please stop letting the details of life burden you! Please realize who you are! I struggle with this at times (if you want evidence read my previous post!), but see SO many others who do too.

You all are priceless...now go live your life like you believe that!

5 comments:

Tyler said...

yay im the first to comment! this was a really great post! i totally agree with you. =) we have to remember too that when we give our burdens to God, He will guide us on the right path to where we need to go. glad you posted this =)

Love Tyler

More Than Alive said...

:-) Thanks for your comment Tyler. I'm so glad you mentioned that...it is true. God will help us...a huge thing to remember though is that we need to have faith that He can actually direct us toward good. The minute we become humble and stop assuming we know better than He does will be the minute our lives can change.

Thanks again Tyler. :-)

Tsianna said...

I try to tell my best friend this all the time. She is precious and wonderful yet she allows other people to make her feel guilty all the time.

I used to be in her shoes, and I used to doubt myself too. Not any more! Life is finite, and it is here for us to make the most of every day.

Ryan said...

I really needed to hear (well, read) that. Thank you.

Eve said...

If I could only revisit days spent in turmoil over small details. You are right on this subject in every way! One more pound, the right shoes, the coveted invitation, they all mean nothing. Real strength comes from within, it can not be obtained from any external sources. I battle COD, so this really hits home with me...I am getting better though..inch by inch. I am getting closer to what God wants me to be..not the image I want you to see. They are two different reflections...but they are beginning to morph in to one in the same....the mask is melting...